Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
I cannot boot in safe mode.
This stuff popped up while I was on these forums.
Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like it'll let me boot w/o safe mode. I've unplugged the machine from the internet, i have malwarebytes already installed, but it wont let that run.

...managed to get malwarebytes running. update forthcoming.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
update..
Malwarebytes is running. that has to be a good thing. I am starting to think this one isn't as bad as the one we got before.

again, anyone seeing "antispyware soft' beware. I don't know where it came from but it popped up while I was on these boards.

John Barrymore
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
one more update.

Malwarebytes has been running on that machine for about an hour. It says 0 infected files so far. It's a full scan so it'll take a couple more hours to complete.

The only way I got Malwarebytes to run was booting like normal and immediately hitting ctl-alt-del. got the control panel up (which this thing normally prevents) and killed some apps long enough to get Malwarebytes running, at least I hope thats what it's doing.

I'm going to bed. I hope it's quarantined by then. AVG was absolutely no use verses this thing, in case anybody cares. Wife bought that a couple months ago. What a total waste.

John Barrymore
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I got the same thing going on with my computer....happened once I got here....weird!

#brownsgoodkarma
F
Legend
Legend
F
It's a fake spyware program, you picked it up by clicking a popup that probably looked like a spyware warning. Once it was on your system it would just pop up random warnings of infections and suggest you scan and buy their program to correct the issue. They take your money and leave you with no program.

Try:
Stop Antispyware Soft or Anti-Spyware Soft Processes:
[random characters]tssd.exe, like uebafavtssd.exe

Remove Antispyware Soft or Anti-Spyware Soft Registry Entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AvScan
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random characters]“
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random characters]“

Remove Antispyware Soft or Anti-Spyware Soft Files:
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\[random characters ]\[random characters]tssd.exe

MalwareBytes should find and remove it as well, but you probably need to most recent definitions, and will have to run in safe mode.

Note: Editing the registry can be hazardous, and should only be done if you feel comfortable doing so, and you should always export a current copy before beginning.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 04/23/10 08:42 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
That is a super crappy virus. I just had it on my laptop and could not get rid of it (even with the help of my IT Dept at work). We had to trash it and they're sending me a new laptop. FUN! Hopefully you can get rid of your virus though...

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am on a laptop and i just keep getting windows alerts.......this sucks! They want me to buy this program that will "take it away"......

#brownsgoodkarma
F
Legend
Legend
F
It's been in high gear the last week, I've had to help 3 co-workers clear it.

It's sneaky because people don't read all the pop ups, they just click to get rid of them, and these often have buttons reversed, so you think your clicking cancel or close, but your really clicking ok.

Sadly, they are not technically viruses, so anti-virus software won't stop you from intalling it, but one it is installed it blocks your anti-virus software from detecting it's intentions.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am on the blackberry now that my computer crashed.....:(

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
People should also realize that they can kill most pop up ads now simply by setting the pop up stopper. (In IE) I'm sure that Mozilla and other browsers have similar utilities.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...asked-questions

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
E
I got this too ......fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I think I am just trashing my version of windows and reinstalling to fix.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

I am on a laptop and i just keep getting windows alerts.......this sucks! They want me to buy this program that will "take it away"......

definitely don't do that - it just gives money to the people who wrote the virus

~Lyuokdea
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
managed to get rkill running, sheesh this thing is a pain. I don't know if it's going to work. If it does, I'll post a link to the directions.

John Barrymore
F
Legend
Legend
F
The real key to removing that thing is stopping it before scanning, otherwise it just keeps restarting itself.

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Quote:

Remove Antispyware Soft or Anti-Spyware Soft Files:
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\[random characters ]\[random characters]tssd.exe

I always use this to remove the windows files
Killbox

It works awesome.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Just a note, I just had Symantec stop a trojan from this website. It didn't give it a specific name, I hope there isn't a problem with the site.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

Just a note, I just had Symantec stop a trojan from this website. It didn't give it a specific name, I hope there isn't a problem with the site.

I'm worried about this as well - haven't seen anything myself yet...but it appears several people simultaneously got this trojan while surfing this site last night...

Purp....I assume if anything it's a problem with ads, is it possible to check this?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
My laptop got hit, also

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

I'm worried about this as well - haven't seen anything myself yet...but it appears several people simultaneously got this trojan while surfing this site last night...

Purp....I assume if anything it's a problem with ads, is it possible to check this?

Thanks,

Same for me on the trojan (same night as well) and I use avast. I also thought it was the ads...only because as the of the timing of the ad loading and avast alerting me. I can see if avast keeps logs if needed.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The BEST FREE way to remove malware is to go to majorgeeks.com then read their malware removal guide and follow it step by step... if you still have problems, people there will help.

One of my favorite places on the web when I have those issues.

GM Strong!

Go Browns! Win it all!
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,

My McAfee gave me an an alert while on the site last night also. Exploit-PDF.bs!stream

"My signature line goes here."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This happened to me. Could only launch software like AdAware immediately after a restart. Once that thing got going, nothing ran.

Managed to update AdAware and run a scan. It cleaned a few things off the computer (old XP) and now I no loger have those things. Unfortunatley, I no longet have internet borwsing. I can get my email, I can ping websites from the command line and other accounts logged onto the machine can browse the internet, but the account that got nailed with that trojan cannot. Been trying stuff for 3 days now.

I've been considering a reformat and reinstall of Windows. Now is a good time as any.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,

I can confirm this site is indeed compromised (probably Ads)

McAfee Artemis detects this as Exploit-PDF.bs!stream

the Clam Anti-Virus on my External gateway(I have a dedicated Unified Threat Management System) is detecting it as JS-Exploit-3..recent Defs just just made available 15 mins ago...

Pretty much trying to exploit a recent Adobe PDF vulnerability with obfuscated JS code to launch a remote code execution attack

if you have the most recent update for Adobe Reader or Acrobat you will be fine.

it has to be coming from the ads...

this is the exact reason why I always use Ad Block Plus for Firefox

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Hi All,

I've used Malwarebytes successfully on both my siblings computers:

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

Here are the steps to follow.

Download the program onto another computer and get it on a USB drive.

Restart the infected computer in safe mode (hit f8 while windows is restarting, choose "safe mode with networking")

Install the malwarebytes program, then choose "full scan"

Wait an hour or so, it should find 7-8 virus, pick them all and remove them.

Restart in safe mode, and run the scan again - if it worked, it should find 0 viruses.

Restart in normal mode, the virus should be gone!

I would recommend not visiting bank websites (or typing in other sensitive passwords) for a few days, until you make sure the virus is actually gone.

~Lyuokdea
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I got a version of this called Vista Smart. Here is what helped me get rid of it

http://www.myantispyware.com/2010/03/18/how-to-remove-vista-smart-security-2010-removal-guide/

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
I
Rookie
Rookie
I
To remove Antispyware Soft follow these steps:

- Download the program from here
- Launch Task Manager and end process <random chars>tdds.exe (what to do if Task Manager's been blocked by Antispyware Soft?)
- Install program by double clicking mbam-setup.exe setup file.
- Stick to the guidelines when installing the program.
- Make sure you update the program with latest entries.
- Start computer scan by launcing the program and pressing "Scan" button.
- After the scan has been completed, click "Show Results", then "Remove Selected".
- Computer restart might be necessary.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Antispyware Soft. Help me please.

Link Copied to Clipboard