Next Thread
Print Thread
#416569 09/22/09 10:35 AM
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
the other day i got a pop-up called "windows police pro"

apparently when i tried to get rid of it instead i gave it permission to download and ruin my comp. lol.

this thing has really done a number on the comp. the window will pop up over and over until it's running multiple times. if i shut it down via the control panel it just starts back up. i can't run windows in safe mode. i can run explorer but can't access sites that could get rid of it. it won't let me access the registry keys, and i can't seem to remove it at all.

i have a friend who said he could probably fix it, was just wondering if any of you had suggestions beyond taking it into the shop.

BTW i think it could have come from facebook. not sure tho.

any suggestions beyond taking it into the shop? i know most of you are likely more savvy than i in this area.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
Legend
Legend
If you can get into the task manager, see if it's a running program and end the process. Then update and run you're antispyware and antivirus programs.

If that doesn't work, there's a free program called "Hijack this" that I've used to eliminate similar nasties. I'm not confident enough to play around with the registry.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I

Last edited by I_Rogue; 09/22/09 11:35 AM.

"My signature line goes here."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum data recovery question.

Link Copied to Clipboard