Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#313999 10/05/08 07:44 PM
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
so far it looks like bill will have plenty of options to choose from. so far only 2 coaches have been fired but there are a lot of places where a change is possible.

so where does he go?

where does Cowher go?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 10/05/08 07:43 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He doesn't go anywhere. It'd be nice to see him here, but my guess is he's done. If anything, he'll come back in a few years.

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I think the Ford's open up the check book...make him a ridiculous offer...he goes there and becomes gm/coach.

I'd love to see him here...but I just dont see it...I dont think Randy will fire Savage and I dont think Cowher will accept any offers that dont include personel decisions.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hoping for "the Restroom".

BpG #314003 10/06/08 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I hoping for "the Restroom".

Mint?

Legend
Legend
I don't think he's going anywhere this year.

yebat' Putin
hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
surprising responses. i think cowher is going to coach somewhere next year, which puts me in the minority here i guess.

i don't believe he will come here or go to cincy as he will want to have power in personnel. also nobody in their right mind would work for mike brown.

oakland would be ideal but only if davis dies or abdicates, which really could be likely. houston would sell their grandmother for him.

detroit, KC, and especially minnesota would have to be attractive. these teams have some young talent to build around and nothing to lose. somehow i can't see cowher in st louis. dunno why. i have a hard time seeing him in san diego as well. could happen i guess lol.

seattle was my vote as they will need a strong personality to replace MH, have some good players and plenty of money to spend on a coach and assistants. probably would hinge on how much say he gets on personnel.

.02 was just something to ponder over the bye.

John Barrymore
Legend
Legend
Somehow I don't see Seattle with open arms, grins and smiles. Guess it's just the Super Bowl hangover I would have as a Seahawk fan,...

hooter Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
he'd been squishing us for a decade.... lots of ppl here still want him. parcells coached 2 sets of division rivals..... i'm pretty sure they'd love to get him. he is easily the most sought after HC currently out there.

also seattle fans hate the officiating crew much more than the steelers.

John Barrymore
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'd love to see him here...but I just dont see it...I dont think Randy will fire Savage and I dont think Cowher will accept any offers that dont include personel decisions.

We all have a price and Cowher may be no different. At some price point, he won't care about the GM side. For example, if he gets $X to be the GM/coach of Detroit and we offer $X+n to just be the coach, he'd be insane to pass it up right?

I hear about him wanting GM responsibilities but is that a mandatory thing? I would think if he had a good relationship with the GM it would be fine.

Last edited by Punchsmack; 10/07/08 04:37 PM.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
That's what I would be hoping for,...keep Savage and hire Cowher. Of course probably their egos would never allow that to happen.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Yeah maybe if he beleives in the GM..hed be fine with just being the coach...if hes paid out the butt.

Hey ill pay an extra $10 bucks for a jersey and my seat if it means getting Cowher...heck pass a levy...only for a football team!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I went with the smartest route with your poll, stay retired, but if he was to come back I think he definitely will go to the NFC and either be heavily paid by Detroit and be their GM/HC or since he's pretty smart guy Minnesota is a QB away from being a true contender but so I feel their a viable option as well, but realistically I think he'll stay in the announcers studio.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
bring him to cleveland he's a proven winner and knows steelers

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I honestly think Cowher stays retired. He's done everything a coach could do and has a nice cushy job with The NFL Today. I'd say he's enjoying life quite a bit.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
sometimes you come back to where you were

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
All Pro
All Pro
I think he stays retired.
But I got to thinking of him spittin and chinning helmets.
And what color would suit him? I kept picturing Kansas City.
For some odd reason it feels like he would be a good fit there.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
No way does he go to Oakland. I remember the battles between him and Donahue. Pittsburgh had to make a choice between the two almost like Lerner had to between Savage and Collins. He wont want meddlesome Al Davis in his business.

I think Cowher would love to coach in Cleveland. Lerner has the checkbook to hire him, he likes to have a say in his draft picks and could work well with Savage.

If the Browns get Cowher, they would have the best of managerial experiance of the AFC North in the past 10 years with also having Savage.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think Cowher would love to coach in Cleveland. Lerner has the checkbook to hire him, he likes to have a say in his draft picks and could work well with Savage.

from what i hear BC wants total control, that may be a barrier to him coming back to cleveland, that being said

i truly believe Bill Cowher will be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 2009

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I heard he doesn't want total control, somebody just made that up.

I also heard it might snow today.

Nothing like "hearing" things, eh?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus cowher's next stop

Link Copied to Clipboard