Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Last Friday, I attended a H.S. football game for the first time since I was a H.S. student. There was a reason for this. My old alma mater, Lima Senior travelled to the Toledo area to take on Sylvania Northview. On the roster, there is a young man named Isaiah Wilson. He's my sister's grandson. I've watched him grow up to become a fine, upright citizen with a real affinity for sports. Double letterman (FB/BB), he's been a playmaker for his entire varsity career.

In basketball, his veins carry ice water... and he can rain 3-pointers like Steph Curry when the game is on the line.
In football, he's been the kind of menace that gives opposing DC's and ST coordinators sleepless nights.
He plays WR, and also specializes in punt/kickoff returns. My sister has sent me no fewer than 4 vids of him going house on KR's, this year alone.

Last Friday- one day before my birthday- we actually passed each other before the game. I was with some friends, whom I'd already prepped: "Keep your eye on this kid. Easy to see- his uniform number is... 1." So we're walking to our seats, and the team is walking in the opposite direction. I look up, and 20 ft in front of me is Boog (that's his fam nickname). "There he is, there he is," I said, pointing at him. He sees me, and gets this 100W smile. "Uncle B!" Quick bro hug, then he says, "Fam at an away game? That means a lot. A lot. Imma get out there, and give you a show."

Here was his stat line:

9 receptions
225 yards
3 TD

He ranked 3rd on MAXPREP's 'Stats Freaks' national list.

His teammate, Ja'niaus Hall (QB: 29-46, 532, 7 TD), ranked 4th in passing stats. I think it's safe to say that these two kids have a 'connection'...

Yup, the game was a total whoopin'.
57-14.

...and Boog tells me that the hardest part of the schedule is already behind them.
I predict eye-popping stats from him for weeks to come.

He's been like this ever since they elevated his roster status early in his Junior year.
He already has a full ride to Miami (Oxford) if he wants it. Other schools have called (Youngstown St, WMU), and we expect more interest. I'm guessing that he'll end up in the MAC.

Lots of MAC players get drafted. The kid across the street from me is currently a Bengal (Tycen Anderson).
(Hey, Swish... remember when I asked about the identity of an electric blue C8 'Vette across the street from my house? That's what Tycen bought with his signing bonus-)

Isaiah 'Boog' Wilson, Lima Senior High School.
Keep your eye out for him. He's already 'a man among boys.'

I'm loving what my Fam is producing.
Happy birthday to me.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
4 members like this: PortlandDawg, GMdawg, Pdawg
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Cool story

A
Legend
Legend
A
It's fun follow family and/or friends as they play, and move on up.

Legend
Legend
Awesome proud uncle story. Can't wait to see what Isaiah's future holds. This brought back a memory form 2015. My son's team was playing Lima Senior on senior night. We parents walked onto the field past the Lima Senior players. There was a big, athletic 6"4" NFL type named Ruben Flowers that stood out from everyone else on the field. He was a heck of a receiver also, our team couldn't cover him. He ended up playing for Pitt. I'll have to check and see how his career turned out.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Clem, That’s awesome. Nothing stronger than family supporting family. The kid will go on to do some great things. Please keep us updated.

Legend
Legend
What a great story. You had to be grinning from ear to ear!

Happy Birthday!!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
A beautiful thing to see family succeed.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Great story! Please keep us updated moving forward.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Early Birthday Present Story ("Friday Night Lights Version)

Link Copied to Clipboard