Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Legend
Legend
O
One day I hope you and yours can enjoy the eye opening epiphany that TRUMP was the issue all along.

GM Strong!

Go Browns! Win it all!
P
Legend
Legend
P
They know that already. They just don't care as long as they end up getting whatever they want. Jan. 6th should have proven to everyone that their new mantra is "By many means necessary."

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It’s weird how this Laura Loomer lady is around trump a lot more than his own VP pick.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Somebody has to feed him false information to spread and Bannon was in jail. We both know Vance isn't smart enough to do it on his own. Just like trump he has to find his BS from other people.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
It’s weird how this Laura Loomer lady is around trump a lot more than his own VP pick.

More than Melania too. Just saying.

GM Strong!

Go Browns! Win it all!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Ahh, the migrants were invited in. Is there an open invitation for 20,000 more?

Yes that were invited in.. Yes they are legal.. Yes they are well thought of in Springfield Ohio and other cities around the states. They were hired and were needed to fill jobs and it's said by every official that they do those jobs well.

How many times have we heard people that oppose immigrants say, if they come in legally, no problem... WELL! That's only going to work up to a point. If Trump lies about them. Making them seem like MONSTERS that they are not...then he gets people like you and others saying uninformed stuff like your comment above.

As for the part about 20,000 more, I sure hope so.. If they are needed, bring them in. That's what effective leaders do.. When the community needs something, then the good leadership responds.. Something you don't understand because you are attached to Trump... (or at least a part of your anatomy is attached to a part of his)

And now, because Trump and Vance lied about it, they are afraid. We invited them here to work, and they are working. But now because of the lies these idiots tell, they are in danger. SMART...

Trump and Vance can't see beyond the end of their noses. No Future vision. They just complain and gripe. NO SOLUTIONS that help... NONE! And you are good with that. They LIE and GRIPE and COMPLAIN.

Last edited by Damanshot; 09/17/24 06:49 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: Swish
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Damanshot
How many times have we heard people that oppose immigrants say, if they come in legally, no problem... WELL! That's only going to work up to a point. If Trump lies about them. Making them seem like MONSTERS that they are not...then he gets people like you and others saying uninformed stuff like your comment above.

I want to highlight this part. I feel like there was a subtle but VERY significant shift in the rhetoric and I didn't pick up on it until this Springfield issue really got legs. When I realized this, it kinda hit a little harder, because I am someone that always wants to point it out when people call illegal aliens immigrants.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
trump said he is going to Springfield in two weeks. trump often says he will do something in two weeks. It is code for nothing will happen in two weeks except he will be talking about something else he will do in two weeks.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
For anyone confused, the mayor of Springfield who is saying this is a lie is a Republican. So the blind think that both the republican mayor of Springfield and the Republican governor of Ohio are lying and that a known habitual liar is telling them the truth.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The border czar said she was going to the border four years ago.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Border enforcement wasn't the duties given her by the president. But then you already know this.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since the right wingers here think it's Time Machine Day I'll help celebrate the occasion with them.........

Vance Got His Pro-Immigrant Blog Posts Deleted by Old Professor

The veep hopeful’s aides have played down the article, saying the Ohio senator’s views have changed over the years “like millions of Americans.”

A former undergraduate professor of JD Vance revealed Tuesday that the veep hopeful once asked him to delete a 2012 blog post where he criticized Republicans’ mass-deportation plans and more.

Brad Nelson, who taught Vance at the Ohio State University, told CNN that Vance contacted him in 2016 to ask that he remove the article so he could launch a career in Republican politics.

Nelson obliged with Vance’s request and the post was taken offline, but an archived version of it can still be found in internet archives.

“I was a bit surprised at the blowback he apparently received from the GOP, as I thought his post was fairly innocuous,” Nelson said. “Anyway, I liked JD and wanted to help him out, and so I went ahead and deleted his post.”

The argument Vance made in the article, titled “A Blueprint for the GOP,” asserted that Republicans ran on unrealistic immigration policies in the 2012 election and that the party had alienated voters of color.

“A significant part of Republican immigration policy centers on the possibility of deporting 12 million people (or ‘self-deporting’ them),” Vance wrote. “Think about it: we conservatives (rightly) mistrust the government to efficiently administer business loans and regulate our food supply, yet we allegedly believe that it can deport millions of unregistered aliens. The notion fails to pass the laugh test. The same can be said for too much of the party’s platform.”

Vance reportedly added that the GOP was relying too heavily on the turnout of white voters while scaring swing-vote minorities away from the party by running candidates like Sarah Palin.

“You can’t actively alienate every growing bloc of the American electorate—Blacks, Latinos, the youth—and you can’t depend solely on the single shrinking bloc of the electorate—Whites,” Vance wrote.

Now, 12 years later, Vance has hinged much of his time as Donald Trump’s running mate on advocating for the same lofty immigration policy—to deport migrants by the millions—he once shot down as implausible. Vance has also been at the forefront of pushing a hoax that Haitian migrants are eating people’s pets in Springfield, Ohio, which many experts believe will hurt the ticket’s appeal to naturalized Americans of color.

The article adds to a long list of unpleasant nuggets from Vance’s past that have emerged since he entered the national limelight this summer, which includes a pair of photos of the staunch conservative dressed in drag.

Vance has not addressed the old blog post himself, but his team has played it down as a non-story in a statement to CNN.

“There is nothing noteworthy about the fact that, like millions of Americans, Senator Vance’s views on certain issues have changed from when he was in his twenties,” spokesperson Will Martin told CNN.

Vance is no stranger to flipping his views. He was a bitter critic of Trump as recently as 2016, when he publicly referred to the then-presidential hopeful as an “idiot” and “reprehensible.” Behind closed doors, reports said Vance compared Trump to Adolf Hitler.

Vance’s support of the former president, however, has been steadfast since he won a U.S. Senate seat in 2022. He offered a partial explanation behind his infamous flip-flop on Trump on Sunday.

“The reason that I changed my mind on Donald Trump is actually perfectly highlighted by what’s going on in Springfield,” Vance said. “Because the media and the Kamala Harris campaign, they’ve been calling the residents of Springfield racist, they’ve been lying about them. They’ve been saying that they make up these reports of migrants eating geese, and they completely ignore the public health disaster that is unfolding in Springfield at this very minute. You know who hasn’t ignored it? Donald Trump.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jd-va...n-had-his-ohio-state-professor-delete-it

As with many he was spot on until he knew he had to abandon his true beliefs in order to make it as a Republican.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Springfield’s mayor claims emergency powers to ‘mitigate public safety concerns’ as threats continue to swarm city

The mayor of Springfield, Ohio, issued a proclamation Thursday claiming temporary emergency powers “to mitigate public safety concerns” as false claims about Haitian immigrants continue to stoke bomb threats and the specter of violence in the community.

The proclamation grants Mayor Rob Rue temporary emergency powers to obtain and mobilize resources and address potential threats.

“This will enable departments to respond more efficiently to emerging risks, including civil unrest, cyber threats, and potential acts of violence,” the proclamation said.

Former President Donald Trump’s false claims that Haitian immigrants are stealing and eating local pets have cast a pall over this small Midwestern city. Local officials say they have received more than 30 threats of violence in the days since the second presidential debate.

Springfield police have not responded to CNN’s request for more information regarding the threats.

A spokesperson for Walmart confirmed to CNN that two of its Springfield locations were “briefly evacuated” Wednesday “at the direction of local police.” Additionally, the Pregnancy Resource Center of Clark County, a local Kroger supermarket and a Planned Parenthood center also received threats Wednesday, CNN affiliate WHIO reported.

In response to the threats, several colleges in the area have transitioned to remote learning this week, after students returned to school Tuesday with additional security from state troopers, including tower cameras and bomb detection dogs.

Andy Wilson, Ohio’s director of the Department of Public Safety, said in a news conference Thursday: “Every day we are getting multiple bomb threats.” He also confirmed authorities had investigated a bomb threat on the campus of Clark State College earlier Thrusday, but stressed it was a “hoax

“In the environment that we have, people are going to do stupid things,” Wilson said. “If you think you can get a rise out of somebody by doing something like that – calling a bomb threat in – if you get caught you are going to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.”

Carl Ruby, pastor of Central Christian Church in Springfield, told CNN’s Jim Acosta since the debate “it’s just been complete chaos.” Ruby said he spoke with local officials Thursday who told him more threats “are unfolding right now.”

“I want to let President Trump know that I prayed for his safety this morning – he does not have my vote but he has my prayers – and I just wish that he would, out of the goodness of his heart, just acknowledge that he was misinformed and ask the groups that are here for hateful reasons to leave our city,” he said.

Ruby said while he agrees with President Biden’s stance on immigration and refugees because it aligns with his Christian faith, there’s more the Biden administration can do to help cities like Springfield that have seen an influx of immigrants in recent years.

“I believe that one of the clearest ethical issues in the Bible is that we are to care for immigrants, orphans, and widows and so I’m all for that. But their policy did not provide money and we need … I talked to city leaders this morning and we need $5-10 million like right now,” Ruby said.

Trump and his running mate, JD Vance, show no signs of backing down from their false claims about Springfield. At a campaign rally Wednesday night, Trump promised to visit the city “in the next two weeks” and criticized Rue for not expelling migrants.

Rue told reporters at Thursday’s news conference it would be difficult for either candidate to visit his city.

“Should (Trump) choose to change his plans, it would convey a significant message of peace to the city of Springfield,” Rue said. “We’ve asked many times that those with the national spotlight with a national microphone would speak truth. And we need help and not hate.”

On its website, the city of Springfield estimates approximately 12,000 –15,000 immigrants live in the city and the surrounding Clark County. The city also pushed back on claims that Haitian immigrants are “illegal.”

“Haitian immigrants are here legally, under the Immigration Parole Program,” the city states, referencing a program the Biden administration launched in 2023 to create more lawful pathways into the United States.

To qualify, participants are vetted and must have a sponsor in the country. More than 210,000 Haitians have been paroled into the US through the program, according to data released this week by US Customs and Border Protection.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/19/us/springfield-mayor-emergency-powers-threats/index.html

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Picks JD Vance for VP as His Running Mate

Link Copied to Clipboard