Print Thread
#2076715 08/10/24 07:40 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
- It was a pretty BLAH performance. Didn't seem like we got much out of it

- I thought DTR looked pretty good and had a good connection with Thrash

- Really hate the Wyler injury - that stinks

- I think GB will be a good team and they played their starters ... and you could tell

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M

At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
that sucks for him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
That stinks. Missing out on a developmental year.

Legend
Legend
I thought that DTR played really well. The defense had issues, as did the backup/backup OL.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
That experimental Tackle from Nigeria was awful. Hope the can coach him up on the Practice squad

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Boring.. Sad to hear about injuries.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Postgame thought: Hurry up and get to an 18 game schedule and eliminate another preseason game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
we definitely need less preseason games - especially now since the joint practices are the thing the coaches care about more

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Postgame thought: Hurry up and get to an 18 game schedule and eliminate another preseason game.

To me that sounds great in theory. Not so great in practice. I'm not sure how much more people think these players bodies can take. So many NFL rosters look like hospital wards by seasons end as it is. The only thing I see it accomplishing is giving teams even less time to prepare for the season which would make the early games more sloppy. Even more injuries over a season than we see now. More wear and tear on players leading to even shorter careers.

I never played football at this level so I can't imagine how their bodes feel by the end of the season. But I do know from playing at a lower level as a season wears on the more of a toll each game takes. You can only push a body so far before it breaks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I actually preferred that they just stayed at 16 games.

You can still eliminate the preseason, but 16 games, imo, was a good number.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought Tillman looked good in his limited reps. He had three defenders waiting for him when he caught that pass at the scrimmage line. I was impressed by Strong at RB. None of the QB's looked bad to me but DPJ certainly looked the best out of what we saw.

While the D seemed to fold in the second half, considering early in the game our second string was playing against some of their first sting I thought they handed it as well as could be expected early on. I didn't see a lot to be concerned about other than how badly some of the defense low on the depth chart handled the Green Bay O. Especially their run game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Milk Man

To me that sounds great in theory. Not so great in practice. I'm not sure how much more people think these players bodies can take. So many NFL rosters look like hospital wards by seasons end as it is. The only thing I see it accomplishing is giving teams even less time to prepare for the season which would make the early games more sloppy. Even more injuries over a season than we see now. More wear and tear on players leading to even shorter careers.

I never played football at this level so I can't imagine how their bodes feel by the end of the season. But I do know from playing at a lower level as a season wears on the more of a toll each game takes. You can only push a body so far before it breaks.

The NFL owners are getting the 18 game schedule they want to increase revenue. They'll make concessions to the NFLPA by adding in an extra bye and expand the roster size. It also means an increase in money to the players as well, just like they got when a 17th game was added.

I don't disagree with you on the wear and tear on the bodies, but the NFL does not care about that. Money talks and that goes for the players, too. Everyone has a price.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think your claim that it all comes down to money, or as I call it in this case, greed, is something we certainly agree on. That still doesn't change that I believe it's just too much and in the end the players will pay the ultimate price for it. I also agree with you that the NFL doesn't care about that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My expectations for pre-season games are low regarding viewership.

The bottom of the roster is trying to make an impression and land a job.

Sometimes it is interesting because guys you do not expect to do much flash talent.

Not much is shown on either side of the ball as far as how and who will be doing the work.

Starters for the most part do not play. The practices between teams like this week against the Vikings will tell more than a pre-season game.

The last game and the extra week are all about being ready and being healthy.

We will not know what we have till we play Dallas.

1 member likes this: mgh888
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2024 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Green Bay Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard