Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2073929 07/18/24 07:15 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Rumors starting to float around that Michelle Obama could replace President Biden on the DNC ticket.

What are everyone's thoughts?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/07/17/madam-president-kamala-harris-vs-michelle-obama/

I think she would crush Trump.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Rumors starting to float around that Michelle Obama could replace President Biden on the DNC ticket.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/07/17/madam-president-kamala-harris-vs-michelle-obama/

She's the only one that could beat Trump. The rest are trash. But people wanting her to run is way different then her saying Ok to it. Or even "I'm thinking about it." I don't think being the wife of a politician makes you qualified to run the country though. That's like taking some rando off the street.

No Craps Given
N
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
N
Some rumblings started a while ago before the debate.
She was even asked about it and didn't want anything to do with politics.

I don't know if anything has changed. I would think that would be big news.

That would change the odds on the election overnight. I thing she would beat trump outside by more popular vote that Biden beat him.
They would have to work something out with Kamala though, I guess

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
That would change the odds on the election overnight. I thing she would beat trump outside by more popular vote that Biden beat him.

For sure...

I can tell you that I would vote for Michelle Obama before I would for Trump.

I also think she would instantly consume the independent voter.

N
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
N
Didn't know where to put this one. The Heritage Foundation (project 2025) is helping the repubs research ways to keep Joe on the ticket.
I also don't think they will be a 501.c.3 after this year. They are waist deep in this election

Hafiz Rashid
/
July 3, 2024/2:09 p.m. ET
Share This Story
Conservatives Have a Devious Plan to Stop Biden From Being Replaced
The Heritage Foundation, a top conservative think tank, has a game plan to make sure Joe Biden remains on the ballot after that disastrous debate performancee.
Joe Biden, on the debate stage, looks confused
EVA MARIE UZCATEGUI/BLOOMBERG/GETTY IMAGES

Conservatives may pull all of the stops to stop Democrats if the party tries to replace Joe Biden on the November election ticket, according to a memo from a top right-wing think tank.

The Heritage Foundation’s Oversight Project began researching the laws for replacing a president in several battleground states about four months ago, putting together a report in April and releasing it before Thursday’s debate disaster, according to NOTUS.

“If the Biden family decides that President Biden will not run for re-election, the mechanisms for replacing him on ballots vary by state,” the memo states. “There is the potential for pre-election litigation in some states that would make the process difficult and perhaps unsuccessful.”

When NOTUS reached out to the Oversight Project, its executive director, Mike Howell, didn’t mince words, saying that they believe replacing Biden would be “extraordinarily difficult,” and that “we would make it extraordinarily difficult.”

“We’ve zeroed in on a few states that we think are the best case,” Howell said, refusing to elaborate on which ones. “It all depends on when and how they do it. And then what state that we’re looking at now that matches up to be the right one, going in there and working with the right people.”

With calls to replace Biden growing within the Democratic Party, and leading members openly discussing the prospect, the fact that the Heritage Foundation, arguably the GOP’s ideological engine, has already been preparing to thwart any such plans is worrying. According to the memo, the key states of Wisconsin, Nevada, and Georgia are where legal action to keep Biden on the ballot could pay off.

Democrats might be able to derail such efforts if Biden is replaced quickly, as he still doesn’t officially have the party’s nomination for president. While this would normally be determined at August’s Democratic National Convention, the party was planning to select Biden in a virtual roll call before then to avoid the prospect of certain states with timing laws excluding him from their ballots.

The Trump campaign would back the Heritage Foundation’s efforts to fight a Biden replacement, as they see Biden as a weaker opponent now.

“We definitely want the dementia patient,” a source close to Trump told NOTUS. “They made their bed; they get to sleep in it. But we also love the chaos of their public decision-making process.”

Recent polls show Biden was hurt by the debate, and he is running behind Trump across the country in several key states, and even in states previously thought safe. If Democrats think that Biden needs to be replaced, they need to decide quickly, and at the very least, they need to call upon their legal soldiers to make sure their decision holds up.

https://newrepublic.com/post/183439/heritage-foundation-plan-swing-states-biden-replacement

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Michele Obama would win in a landslide.
But I highly doubt that she will be the candidate.
She has stated numerous times over the years that she is not interested in being president.

Last edited by Jester; 07/18/24 08:42 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The electioneering by a 501.3c is bad. I was on the board for one and we constantly reminded each other and the officers to be politically neutral in our mission. Our chief legal mind was on the board because he couldn't be an officer during his tenure with the government. He was very precise about it, nothing got past him in that regard.

FrankZ #2073944 07/18/24 09:29 PM
N
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
N
Originally Posted by FrankZ
The electioneering by a 501.3c is bad. I was on the board for one and we constantly reminded each other and the officers to be politically neutral in our mission. Our chief legal mind was on the board because he couldn't be an officer during his tenure with the government. He was very precise about it, nothing got past him in that regard.

There is quite a tik tok campaign to enlighten the IRS about Heritage and there have been many, many submissions

Legend
Legend

For sure...

Not gonna lie, I’m shocked by this comment.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #2073947 07/18/24 09:40 PM
N
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
N
Originally Posted by Swish

For sure...

Not gonna lie, I’m shocked by this comment.

I said something about this to my wife and daughter-my daughter is never trumper, my wife is like maybe Biden, probably not Kamala.
When i brought up people asking for Michelle to run-even against Biden-both blurted out-I would vote for Michelle in a minute, she is a rock star and would beat trumps ass all over the floor. It wouldn't even be close.

also, I should have proof read my line-I think I going in three different directions and didn't proof read.

Legend
Legend
She will definitely turn out the vote in a historic fashion.

It’s just hard for me to see her agreeing to that. I guess….i mean her kids are already grown, and she has Barack, so there’s that as well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Jester #2073956 07/19/24 01:15 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester
Michele Obama would win in a landslide.
But I highly doubt that she will be the candidate.
She has stated numerous times over the years that she is not interested in being president.

She wasn't particularly thrilled to be the wife of a presidential candidate, and became a true "stand by your man" kind of wife as First Lady, but never wanted or asked for the spotlight that found her. There is much about Washington life that she doesn't like, and she's never had an inkling of political aspirations. She was happy before her husband won the state senate seat, but it's been politics and spotlights for her ever since. POTUS? Please.

Michelle Obama is a non-starter.

Here's the thing about running for political office in the real world: you have to be in it 100% to even run- and lose. Anything less, and you either lose badly, or win- and fail at your job. POTUS was Barack's thing. It holds no fascination for Ms. Obama, and she's too real to be roped into something that she knows doesn't fit her.

She would say ( probably has already said) "No."
And I would never blame her for choosing such.

Only run for President if you actually want to be President.
Winning things means you have to actually do things.

That said, she'd absolutely crush the opposition.

Name recognition: 100%.
Brand approval: 95-99%.
Crossover voter appeal: >60%.

A Michelle Obama/Oprah Winfrey ticket would be the Heritage Foundation's worst nightmare.

That's how shallow we've now become.
(I'm ridin' a theme here, tonight-)

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think the only Democratic way to do this is to go back and put the 2nd place vote getter in the primary vote at the top of the ticket if Harris isn't put at the top. After all, she didn't get the chance to run in the primary since she was the VP.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Is there precedent for a presidential candidate pulling out late in the campaign?

When Biden steps down - whoever the nominee becomes need to be free and clear of any legal challenges from the Republicans in terms of process and precedent etc.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/19/24 06:46 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend

I don't believe it. I think it's wishful thinking. As you say however, she'd beat Trump I think!

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
EveDawg #2073963 07/19/24 07:55 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg

She's the only one that could beat Trump. The rest are trash. But people wanting her to run is way different then her saying Ok to it. Or even "I'm thinking about it." I don't think being the wife of a politician makes you qualified to run the country though. That's like taking some rando off the street.

I don't think being a failed businessman who had a number of Bankruptcies and failed marriages and now convictions is qualified but here we are, listening to you defend and distort everything about him.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

I don't think being a failed businessman who had a number of Bankruptcies and failed marriages and now convictions is qualified but here we are, listening to you defend and distort everything about him.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

If Biden steps down, I suspect Harris would win the nomination and Biden will back her all the way. This is a typical Newsmax nothingburger! And perhaps a bit of wishful thinking.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
EveDawg #2073977 07/19/24 10:51 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think being the wife of a politician makes you qualified to run the country though. That's like taking some rando off the street.

A lot of people feel the same way about a man whose businesses have had to file bankruptcy six times.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
At least the OP admitted it was nothing more than a rumor. That's an improvement so I'll take it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Michelle Obama

Link Copied to Clipboard