Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Nowadays when I come to dawgtalkers it initially takes me to the archives. If I hit “forums”, same thing, archives. I have to hit “active threads” and then look among those to find people actually talking about football. It’s odd, one day it was cool, the next it was this. I’ve cleared my cache and cookies, no change. Happens if I’m signed in or not.

Incidentally, it’s eye opening how much more active the political forum is than anything else. I mean, why? Of course time of year plays a big part but still, why? Not an actual question, really just rhetorical.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
P
Legend
Legend
P
The political forum is so active because everyone claims they no longer want to post there.

But no, I've never heard of the issue you're having. I know when I've had isolated issues with the board I've gone to my profile and cleared all of my cookies. That has usually cleared up minor issues. If that doesn't work you'll have to find someone more qualified that me to address it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Mostly the bananas.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Incidentally, it’s eye opening how much more active the political forum is than anything else. I mean, why? Of course time of year plays a big part but still, why? Not an actual question, really just rhetorical.

...what effect were you going for with your rhetorical question? Do you want more political "discourse"/discord? I'm really not trying to call you out, just pointing out the "pull" of politics. Your mind can go there even when you don't want it to.

The team seems pretty good so there isn't that much to complain about. (though some still do.)

There is plenty to complain about politically. (Probably an understatement.)

The human brain is "naturally" negative-biased because positive things generally don't kill you. "Impending doom" (or the potential for it) tends to get one's attention. What one subconsciously considers that way can get rather abstract. "These idiots voting for this other idiocy are going to get us 'killed'" seems to be the current mass fixation.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see nobody tried to address the actual problem you're having with the board. The evidence here dictates what most of us have known all along. People in general are easily distracted.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If I understand the issue correctly, try clicking on the little triangle to the right of your homepage, right under your user name and the search icon.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
If I understand the issue correctly, try clicking on the little triangle to the right of your homepage, right under your user name and the search icon.

Yup. This.

Look to the far right at the Forums level. There will be a little orange triangle, almost certainly pointing toward the bottom of your screen, in line with the category name of DawgTalk - General Discussions.
Each category (DawgTalk, Archives, etc..) is collapsible. The site remembers your choices, so if you collapse DawgTalk, every time you come back it will be collapsed until you expand it (click the triangle to get it to point upward toward the top of your screen).

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm just curious about "issues". Was I banned for a couple of days? If so, why? If not, why did everytime I tried to login did it say "problem with the connection."?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The message board was down.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Anyone else have this issue?

Link Copied to Clipboard