Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-milit...chinese-h-6-bombers-prior-bidens-address

US military detects, intercepts Russian fighter jets, 2 Chinese H-6 bombers prior to Biden's address

Ahead of President Biden’s first address in the Oval Office since announcing he was dropping out of the presidential race, the North American Aerospace Defense Command Public Affairs (NORAD) says it sent out fighter jets to intercept two Russian Tu-95 "Bear" bombers and two Chinese H-6 bombers off the coast of Alaska.

In a press release, the agency confirmed that it detected, tracked, and intercepted two Russian TU-95 and two PRC H-6 military aircraft operating in the Alaska Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) on July 24.

NORAD fighter jets from the United States and Canada conducted the interception.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
This stuff happens all the time. They are always trying to fly over our fleet.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Pdawg

I agree. I think all test the limits from time to time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

"This is the first time Russia and China have flown a joint bomber patrol off Alaska, Fox News correspondent Lucas Tomlinson reported."

Legend
Legend
Considering Trump and Putin’s bromance this doesn’t surprise me.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Routine, happens all the time......of note, in 50s in West Germany- we waited for bad weather, then launched whole squadrons streaking towards Check border-- result, the Soviet era pilots had little weather flying ability---many crashed and we've monitor how many and laugh our butts off. Probing defenses to see how they react happens often.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
"This is the first time Russia and China have flown a joint bomber patrol off Alaska, Fox News correspondent Lucas Tomlinson reported."

I see the problem here. You're basing your belief on what a FOX News reporter told you was a fact.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

I see the problem here. You're basing your belief on what a FOX News reporter told you was a fact.

Oh, the irony.

At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
You mean after Peen and Pdawh posted this happens all the time you don't think the source that told him that is the problem. Alrighty then.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The fact that they did it together may be new. I was commenting on Russia and China doing this kind of thing all the time.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Russia ... doing this kind of thing all the time.

Literally, since like 1946.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Conversely, what is different, is that Chinese troops are training with Belarus troops near Ukraine & Poland borders, practicing seizing an airport.
So, it is all likely just widespread cooperative training exercises (we do them all the time with NATO member nations), but there is no denying that it is worthy of note that China & Russia are working together.

For all of the "Trump loves Putin" or "Biden is in Xi's pocket" talk... the bigger takeaway needs to be that those two are working together and we shouldn't be liking EITHER ONE.

Browns is the Browns

2 members like this: oobernoober, FATE
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Conversely, what is different, is that Chinese troops are training with Belarus troops near Ukraine & Poland borders, practicing seizing an airport.
So, it is all likely just widespread cooperative training exercises (we do them all the time with NATO member nations), but there is no denying that it is worthy of note that China & Russia are working together.

For all of the "Trump loves Putin" or "Biden is in Xi's pocket" talk... the bigger takeaway needs to be that those two are working together and we shouldn't be liking EITHER ONE.

this.

Legend
Legend
we shouldn't be liking EITHER ONE.

Yet trump is still loving the evil dictators of the world that he wants to become on day one. Pffft Goper’s crack me up.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
we shouldn't be liking EITHER ONE.

Yet trump is still loving the evil dictators of the world that he wants to become on day one. Pffft Goper’s crack me up.

...and Biden is still in Xi's pocket. Pfft. Commies crack me up.
Thanks for being brain dead and missing the point entirely.

Returning to the "This is much ado about nothing"-ness of this event, we are currently conducting RIMPAC '24 with twenty-eight other nations. So, this is just an article stating that the entire world is still playing the same war games we've been playing for decades.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just a FYI, RIMPAC ended about two weeks ago. I wasn't part of it (Army), however open ship for DoD personnel was so cool. I had the chance to board Itailian, South Korean, Japanese, USA and a few other countries ships at Hickam/PH.

A few other exercises to add Prp, Cobra Gold (a well known exercise) takes place in Thailand with other allied country forces. War games go on (with fighter jets, infantry exercises and etc), and plenty of other awesome things to help their country while training our Soldiers. Example: I provided medical support to one of our sister Brigades engineer unit (the Thai Royal Guard and Malaysia assisted). They built a large community center for their local elementary school to help their village.

Also, Keris Aman - conducting war trauma care classes to 29 allied nations from the Pacific and southeastern Asia countries. There was a big Philippine exercise that happened about a month or two ago. These exercises are well known.

The smaller missions/exercises are the ones you won't hear about and they are happening quite often.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus US military detects, intercepts Russian fighter jets, 2 Chinese H-6 bombers prior to Biden's address

Link Copied to Clipboard