Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
That ain't no Julie Newmar.

No, she ain't.
But, Ms Newmar's replacement (Eartha Kitt) wasn't no slouch, either.

I remember a moment I shared with My Pops, when Ms. Kitt elicited her signature "purr/grooooowl", in that dark, alto-register voice of hers.

I glanced over at him, in his recliner... and he silently shared a wink/smile with me, just beneath My Mother's Deeply Fundamentalist Baptist gaze.

"Childless Cat Ladies" have been a lure in the Clem male id for as long as my fam history goes back. We bros have always loved us 'the slinky.'

Truth.

This has been a fun diversion... but it speaks to a deeper point.

Here's the point I'm tryna make here:
Do you see how easily we all can be manipulated/distracted?

I just moved an entire DT/PP thread about America's (potential) VP away from its main subject, and into an extended conversation about "which depiction of a DC cartoon villainess gets us off the most?"

This is who we are.

It's why we're so easily moved to pursue the most chaseable, distracting 'squirrel du jour.'
...and it's also why our current political landscape is as fk'd up as it is.

This thread was originally about America's potential next Vice President, in one of the most consequential elections in modern times... and Clemmy was able to distract R's and D's alike away from the original subject, and into a deep dive about actresses, depicting a cartoon character from their pubescent fantasies.

Point: made
Class/dismissed.

We need to be smarter voters/citizens.

Do you see what you started?? Jagazz! rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
P
Legend
Legend
P

While the facts are there has been more than one investigation conducted on the withdraw......

GOP opens another investigation of Afghanistan withdrawal

https://apnews.com/article/afghanis...s-comer-d75cb39e91b833bc1a2a0fb8bc305e3c

#trumpclone

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ya know, you've got to hand it to the Republican Party- they made sure two idiots found each other- Trump says he wants to fire all the dishonest civil servants in government....wants to go back to the political bribe system of 1870s, real progress he wants....AND let us not forget Mr. Vance...and I quote " JD Vance made the bold proposition of booting "every civil servant in the administrative state" and filling their posts with MAGA devotees." Now that sounds just like what a dictator and his underlings would do- all power in the "elected for life" stooges. BEAT TRUMP and his idiot enablers.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
Legend
O
Shady Vance will bear the brunt of the Trumpian cults ire when Donnie goes down in flames 11/5/24.

GM Strong!

Go Browns! Win it all!
P
Legend
Legend
P
You honestly believe they'll blame it on a republican instead of repeating the same old BS that the election was stolen from them?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Shady Vance will bear the brunt of the Trumpian cults ire when Donnie goes down in flames 11/5/24.

I doubt it. He's one of them. They didn't turn on what's-her-name when McCain picked her to be his running mate.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober

I doubt it. He's one of them. They didn't turn on what's-her-name when McCain picked her to be his running mate.

Yeah, pretty sure they're more likely to claim Kamala used voodoo to win than to look to their own side.

Of course, the left is more likely to claim Trump sold his soul to the Devil to win than to blame Kamala if Trump wins.

Why would the partisan extremism suddenly stop now if it didn't the last time Trump lost?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let know when "the other side" tries to stop the certification of the election in a riot, appoints fake electors to try to stop the certification of the election and pressures Georgia's top election official from certifying their states election results. Until such time your false equivalence is glaringly partisan.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Please reference: Pence, Mike.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet they blamed the lost election on the dems stealing it and cheating. On illegals voting and every other crack pot idea they could come up with for trump losing. Just ask them. The only way the election can be fair is if trump wins. If he loses the other side must have cheated. It's the "heads I win, tails you lose" election theory.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Let know when "the other side" tries to stop the certification of the election in a riot, appoints fake electors to try to stop the certification of the election and pressures Georgia's top election official from certifying their states election results. Until such time your false equivalence is glaringly partisan.

Damn MAGA people,, They complain about the left all the time. But they say nothing about those that attacked the capital.

Last edited by Damanshot; 08/31/24 06:48 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by ~Con~Artist~

Please reference: Pence, Mike.

Please reference Harris, Kamala.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Picks JD Vance for VP as His Running Mate

Link Copied to Clipboard