Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
mgh888 #2087829 10/14/24 11:36 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
I'm not excited at all about the possibility of Chubb coming back next week. And for me personally, as much as I love watching that man run.....is rock bottom as a Browns fan.

Save Chubb for another year. Let him heal completely - why risk coming back too soon for the hot garbage that is Browns Football 2024?

As to Post Game Rant in general?

It was, is and has been god-awful. I fully blame Haslam, Berry and Stefanski for the players we have on the roster, how they perform, how they (fail to) execute, their level of preparedness and their attitude/effort. Only 2 of those three individuals are replaceable. Hopefully someone somewhere is doing due diligence to have replacements identified for interview at the end of the season.

Thank goodness for the Guardians playing into October.
Save Chubb? Yes. Thank goodness for the Cleveland baseball team? Yes. The Browns being led by Haslam doing due diligence? Hell no. This guy is CLUELESS. He knows ZERO about hiring FOOTBALL people. His organizational structure is GARBAGE. If hear the word collaborative one more time, I think I might put my head thru a wall. There are WAY too many people participating in making FOOTBALL decisions that have NO clue about FOOTBALL. Haslam, DePo, the OVER EMPHASIS of analytics, etc. might be a good way to run a business in the real world but they CLEARLY are failing when it comes to running an NFL FRANCHISE. THE MODEL IS WRONG JIMMY! Please talk to someone who has RELEVANT NFL EXPERIENCE to help you RESTRUCTURE this FOOTBALL organization going forward. The key to being a successful leader is understanding WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW and surrounding yourself with people WHO DO KNOW. The sooner this is done, the sooner the Browns will be able to field a competitive NFL TEAM on Sundays. If you keep doing the same things you have done up to this point, NOTHING will change. NOTHING. Get that thru your head already. Please do NOT be another JERRY JONES. Please. SMH

Berry can go. Stefanski can go. Watson can go. Hello Mike Vrabel! Find me my GM and QB!
1 member likes this: mgh888
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Pit, the reason why I think our D played decent in the Dallas game is our ST's gave up a TD and our D only allowed 265 yards to them. Our O couldn't move the ball and the D was out there too long.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by leadtheway
lol, no, thats true if you look at any of the games. This offense is broken. The oline has given up 31 sacks.. in 6 games....majority of teams don't give that up in a season. The browns record was 66 in 2016, we are on pace to smash that. Another stat from that year.. we were 1-15

That sounds quite damning if you don't distinguish which sacks the OL gave up and which sacks were the fault of DW. When your QB holds the ball too long, that's not the fault of the OL. When your QB leaves the pocket too early and runs into a sack, that sack isn't the fault of the OL. When your QB doesn't throw the ball away and instead takes the sack, that sack isn't the fault of the OL.

Now I don't want you to misunderstand what I'm saying here. This OL is not playing good. They certainly share in some of the responsibility. The penalties alone bug the hell out of me.

But just throwing up a stat with no context isn't telling the story. We both know that if a WR tips a ball he should have caught or a WR let's the ball go through his hands or he allows the ball to bounce off his body and those balls are intercepted, that interception is attributed to the QB. We also know that interception wasn't the fault of the QB. But no matter whether those interceptions are the fault of the WR or the fault of the QB, they show up as interceptions on the QB's stat sheet.

I haven't broken down how many sacks were the fault of the OL or how many were the fault of DW. But I've certainly seen sacks that were not the fault of the OL. Those sacks have a shared responsibility that aren't all on the OL or all on DW.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Crazy Theory:

They never played the starters in preseason because they knew what we'd see and they'd have been three weeks further into the outrage and plummeting ticket sales.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
There was a time yesterday when it seemed like the Eagles had been on the field for 50 plays and we had been on the field for 5. I know it wasn't that stark, but it was very apparent

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
The really odd part about that is the TOP. The Browns actually led in the TOP 31:27 to the Eagles 28:33.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/401671714

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
How could we possibly go from what we had last season to this? It's actually only been 8 months. Ridiculous and incredible how we've fallen so fast....

The reason I'm not putting this all on Watson, is that last year we went through what, a million QBs? and ended up in the playoffs. This team can't get out of it's own way.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Big plays do that
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The really odd part about that is the TOP. The Browns actually led in the TOP 31:27 to the Eagles 28:33.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/401671714

Definitely crazy, but I think it's easy to see when you look at the play-by-play and see things like us having a 5+ minute drive to move the ball 20 yards and punt.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
How could we possibly go from what we had last season to this? It's actually only been 8 months. Ridiculous and incredible how we've fallen so fast....

The reason I'm not putting this all on Watson, is that last year we went through what, a million QBs? and ended up in the playoffs. This team can't get out of it's own way.

I think that's a reason you should put it all on Watson. There are other factors at play here, but if he plays at anything above trash level we'd have a few more wins.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I will always remember the infamous poster who had the mantra that stats are for losers. This is yet another perfect example of that.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Originally Posted by oobernoober
We had tons of people (including myself) saying that the D was good for a few wins by themselves... how do we feel about that now?

The D gave up 20 points to Philly. That should have been good enough for a win.

Watson is a huge problem, but far from the only problem.

That's true if you isolate it to yesterdays game.

lol, no, thats true if you look at any of the games. This offense is broken. The oline has given up 31 sacks.. in 6 games....majority of teams don't give that up in a season. The browns record was 66 in 2016, we are on pace to smash that. Another stat from that year.. we were 1-15

I did think, overall, the offensive line probably had its best game so far. The way they finished that last drive definitely took a bit of the shine off, but I felt like we were able to run the ball better than any point this year so far. Pierre Strong had some good runs as the line opened up some holes for him.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by Damanshot

I think that's a reason you should put it all on Watson. There are other factors at play here, but if he plays at anything above trash level we'd have a few more wins.

This is DW's third season as a Brown - he has been trash in EVERY SEASON. with a different "excuse" every season. He is what he is. He can't read a D. He misses open receivers. He holds the ball too long ... sometimes he escapes and does something positive as he dances around holding the ball like a loaf of bread ..... but the other 50% of the time he takes a sack by running into trouble. We've got a body of work to look at - and regardless of the season or the excuse the results are consistent. DW is way way below average for an NFL QB.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Rookie
Rookie
Just wondering if our running game looks the same on sunday if Jerome Ford stays in the game . I am not a fan of Ford's. In fact if you take away Chubb I don't think our running back room is good .

Legend
Legend
IMO Strong is our 2nd best back behind Chubb. Foreman is painfully slow and upright and Ford leaves a ton of yards on the field.

Add RB to the list of upgrades needed

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 79Jacketdog
Just wondering if our running game looks the same on sunday if Jerome Ford stays in the game . I am not a fan of Ford's. In fact if you take away Chubb I don't think our running back room is good .

Something was definitely different in the run game. I thought I saw more holes for the back to run through, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
I actually think there are two games where the D fell flat. I agree with you about the Washington game but I would have to add giving up 33 points to the Cowboys on the list.

But I'm not really sure why posters would be so down on the D outside of those 2 games. They only gave up 13 to the Jags, 21 to the Giants, 20 to the Raiders and 20 to the Eagles.

When your D is holding your opponents to 21 points or less you should be winning games. And you make a very valid point about TOP placing them on the field much longer than they should be.

Our O put 9 points on the board yesterday. I'm certainly not blaming that all on watson. But at what point does the fact that players have lost faith in their leader impact the rest of the team?

I know people will say things like they're professionals and have to answer for themselves. That they're getting paid to perform and that's no excuse. And I really don't disagree with them on a factual basis. But sadly that's just not the way things work. Once people lose faith in their leader it impacts everyone. As an example you look at Cooper's career season by season He has been a great WR. He didn't forget how to create separation in his route running in one off season. He didn't forget how to catch the ball in one off season. We have the exact same HC he's been playing for. The same thing goes for many players on the roster.

its funny you give cooper that excuse but Watson doesn't get the same. He was a top 3 QB, completing 70% of his passes and had a 103 career rating before coming here His last year in HOU was a 112 rtg, 5k yards, and 33 tds.. so He just forgot how to play QB in a year? He was doing well before he got hurt last year as well. Last year, Cooper was at the bottom of the league in separation. He's getting old for a WR, so no, he didn't get bad overnight, but he's been getting older every year. If you look at his career, he has 2 good years then he usually has 1 or 2 down years.. this may be his down year. Bottom line is everything about this offense is complete 180 from last year and it results on the field look like it. The team is 1-5, its more a product of losing faith in the season than any one person thats causing people to go through the motions and not care.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Game six of this season.

It's now how I wanted to feel or talk about the Browns.

I want to talk Browns football, I just have a hard time doing it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by 79Jacketdog

Something was definitely different in the run game. I thought I saw more holes for the back to run through, though.

We were blocking better in the 3nd half, and Pierre hit the hole faster than Ford.

Ford is barely above not good, at best.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2024: TBD
2 members like this: bbrowns32, oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Well, we've not managed must football thus far. But no worries! We have plenty more where this has come from, we have practiced well, no changes are forthcoming, results are guaranteed, blame has been taken, we have repeated reassurances that coaching must improve despite identical mistakes repeating week after week.
I drank my kool-aid so I can participate in the lie that this team is gifted, viable, competitive, and fired up! Just see how analytics worship has paid off. So obvious, if you don't address it, then it isn't a problem! No flag, no foul after all. You can't find this sense of organization just anywhere, Dawgs. But it has made its home in The Land, and it's comfortable. Look at all the continuity we have managed this season alone. Management and ownership refuse to take credit from one another, admirably so, as far as claiming success.
I am excited for Halloween to come to our Punkin Patch soon; we have been practicing, handing out wins,
almost every week in fact. Emerson and Newsome have been team leaders in generosity, but are hardly alone. We are professionals, so we won't get all emotional about our record as such.
I dream of the end of the Watson era in Cleveland, which may coincide with a once-storied franchise's passing. We will order a headstone for posterity: "We battled." For us, that was enough.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
Cooper hasn't been showing the same propensity for the last three seasons. It hasn't been since 2020 that Cooper put together a solid season. Cooper didn't sit out for an entire season and then have two seasons in a row where he could only play a hand full of games. Then follow that up with a third season where he looks just as lost or even more lost than he did in the previous 2 seasons.

He just forgot how to play QB in a year?

2020 wasn't a year ago. Yes, he had one really decent game before he was hurt last season.

Out of 18 games he has played as a Brown he played 1 really good one. In normal circles that's called an anomaly or a fluke. But if that's all you have to hang your hat on.....

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Until this franchise gets a real GM that knows how to
Draft and a actual franchise QB then a occasional playoff
Appearance is the best it will ever achieve
Last year showed the Browns were pretenders after the Texans
Stomped them in the playoffs
Now the team is paying the sins for making the worst trade
In NFL history in the last 30 years

O
Legend
Legend
O
Our problem is that it's always something.

We had a "real" GM here when we had Dorsey... but he brought in Kitchens and apparently decided to die on that hill... so now he's no longer here.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Dorsey would have corrected that mistake. At the time, EVERYONE wanted him as HC because he came off an awesome season of playcalling and had a very good relationship with Baker. It didn't work out, doesn't mean it wasn't the best gamble at the time. So they let him go, so he goes to Detroit and helps build another super bowl contender, which has done everywhere he's gone, but no, we went for Berry who hasn't done anything anywhere. Which was another Depo call.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
He's not the GM in Detroit, just like Depo isn't the GM here.

And I think you give him too much credit in terms of selecting a coach. I don't believe he's ever done that before Cleveland.

-PrplPplEater
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Gameday vs Philadelphia POST GAME RANTS

Link Copied to Clipboard