Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
But If they pull a woody Johnston on him, who knows. But even Saleh is saying precious little.

Good point

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Originally Posted by Jester
If haslam aays KS cannot bench Watson and he does anyway, what happens?

A, haslam lives with it
Or
B, he fires KS

Then KS can spill the unfiltered truth.
Pretty sure haslam doesn't want that

I’d bet there is a confidentiality agreement that if KS gets fired, and then brings up this or that, he forgives what he is owed for the rest of the contract. You rarely see fired coaches bad-mouth their former owners, and I think it’s mostly for that reason.

And, if you want another opportunity as a HC you wouldn’t beak off about the guy who fired you. Not a good look.

There’s a lot of industries where even if everyone kinda knows who the turds are and can see the dumpster fires from a mile off, if you get canned you keep your mouth shut. Especially if you have any hope of working again. No one wants to hire someone who can’t respect the basic tenant of keeping it in house and exiting the right way. Kevin is super pro and disciplined when it comes to talking to the press, I don’t think he’d ever spill. But If they pull a woody Johnston on him, who knows. But even Saleh is saying precious little.

I agree. An example of the opposite would be Hue Jackson, lol.

L
Legend
Legend
L
But If they pull a woody Johnston on him, who knows. But even Saleh is saying precious little.

Good point
given how much he's getting paid, I'd be keep my mouth shut too. That was a nice payout he got

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B

A, haslam lives with it
Or
B, he fires KS

You don't do that. It isn't a professional manner in which to conduct your affairs and if Stefanski hopes to coach in the NFL again, doing so would put an end to those ideas.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He would never spill to the press, but at any interview for a HC job they would absolutely ask him why he handled the Watson situation like he did.
The league will absolutely find out and haslam fears embarrassment.
It's more the threat than the actual action
Mutually assured destruction

Legend
Legend
I would bet the league/media already has a pretty good idea how the Watson acquisition went down. Just reading the tea leaves based on media tweets/support of KS

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

A, haslam lives with it
Or
B, he fires KS

You don't do that. It isn't a professional manner in which to conduct your affairs and if Stefanski hopes to coach in the NFL again, doing so would put an end to those ideas.

Agree.
If KS ever did that, he'd never get another job as a coach in this league. This is a very small community that you have to fight tooth-&-nail to break into and if you show those 32 owners that you will throw one of them under the bus publicly, they will all take it that you will throw any of them under, and you likely won't ever even get a position coach gig in the league again.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He would never spill to the press, but at any interview for a HC job they would absolutely ask him why he handled the Watson situation like he did.
The league will absolutely find out and haslam fears embarrassment. It's more the threat than the actual action Mutually assured destruction

Haslam is a billionaire with a billionaire ego. Just like the rest of them (owners). You don't win that battle, no matter how right you are. All Haslam has to do is fire Kevin, call all his buddies and tell them to blackball Kevin. That's it. Jimmy wins.

Embarrassment is extremely overrated when you are in that bubble.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Even Brian Flores got another NFL job.
Not a HC, but a DC

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I hear you Jester.

However, my point in both threads revolves around being a HC. Being a staff member as an assistant, OC/DC is a great gig. However, if HC is their dream or goal, they just were knocked down a peg or two and are starting over at being considered for a HC position. Like I said before, the chance may come soon, years, or never.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I get your point too
When I made the original comment, I didn't really expect KS to do that
More so that haslam would be worried he would get outed and embarrassed

B
Legend
Legend
B
The league will absolutely find out and haslam fears embarrassment.
It's more the threat than the actual action
Mutually assured destruction

I doubt it. Interviewers don't like to hear people spilling dirty laundry.

It's all moot at this point. Stefanski isn't going anywhere this season. At least I hope not.

Like Haslam or not, it's hard to pull the trigger and punt on a QB you still owe $150 or so mil. Forget the trade itself. I am strictly talking the here and now. The average Joe has a hard time pulling the plug on a $400 flat screen that doesn't give the picture quality they had hoped to get.

Is pulling Watson now or in 2 weeks going to make a big difference on this season? Watson might be the cancer but he isn't the only thing going wrong with this season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
In terms of making the playoffs at this point I don't think it will matter who on this roster plays the QB position. What sitting watson would do is signal to the fan base that they're at least trying to win games instead of repeating the same old same old and losing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2024 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Commanders 34 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard