Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2077432 08/14/24 08:38 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My list:

- An improvement along the OL ... get some push in the run game, have our OT spots look better in pass pro
- We need our backup secondary to play better
- DTR - just play him most of the game IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I want to see a TD on the first possession.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Legend
Legend
Don't want any injuries first and foremost.

Wills has not practiced. I want to see quality reps at LT.

I want to see better pass protection.

I want to see if we can run the ball. Ford is not my favorite. I want to see a runner show something.

I know we will play good defense. I would like to see the offense find some rhythm with run and pass.

I would like to see Tillman have a good day.

I want to see how the pass game is developing. See the routes and spacing.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Tillman has been up and down it seems. I was hoping he'd be more consistent

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Judging receivers from a pre-season game is probably not a good measuring stick.

Players are coming in and out. Quarterbacks are changing. OL line assignments are most likely inconsistent.

We really cannot see how Tillman is doing. We have to go by those who get to watch practice and know what they are seeing.

I don't place much emphasis on pre-season. Some things like watching DTR is revealing because you get to watch "how" he is playing. Results may or may not be accurate as far a full picture goes.

Line play can show some things.

The most important thing is remaining healthy.

1 member likes this: Bull_Dawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
If the Oline can't get it together and is disrupting whoever we have throwing the ball, then I'm not going to criticize how the WRs look too much.

I want to see no injuries.
I want to (somehow, anyhow) get the feeling that our Oline is going to be alright when games matter. Not seeing the tackles much and seeing how their backups are doing does NOT instill confidence.

Want to see our QBs that are playing put on a good show. A good showing from Huntley would probably help us a bunch.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
well, with none of our starters playing now ... we just need to get to the regular season healthy with our backups

M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Where are you hearing he has been inconsistent? Everything I’ve read says he has been having a good offseason.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Where are you hearing he has been inconsistent? Everything I’ve read says he has been having a good offseason.
I based it on the game against GB .. he had a stupid penalty, got on the wrong side of a route, and didnt know where to lineup in one of his few snaps

M
Legend
Legend
M
I want to see more James Thrash. He might be my new Hollywood Higgins.

I'd like to see more Myles Harden, too.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I want to see week 1 against the Dallas Cowboys my friend!

As for the Vikings.... Damn Shame about JJ. As a Buckeye donor, in spite of the rivalry, I always liked the kid and feel that he's going to be a good one. Sam Darnold has another chance to sling it.

For the Brownies, we're here! This is the time to do it. Preseason is not as exciting as it used to be.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Actually it's Jamari Thrash Milk Man. James Thrash is retired. Yes, I googled this to find out. lol

Legend
Legend
Zero new injuries.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I want to see Huntley have a good game. Highlight the guy to up the trade value.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I have a feeling one of our QBs will end up in Minnesota after tonight - I agree

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Better tackling techniques. Better open field tackles
Better OT play. The OT are a concern

Legend
Legend
Want to see Thrash! Better O-line play, esp. the OT's. Scoring. No injuries

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think the OT spot is THE biggest concern (outside of Watson obviously)

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20

Actually it's Jamari Thrash Milk Man. James Thrash is retired. Yes, I googled this to find out. lol

I knew that! Autocorrect. thumbsup

I vaguely remember James Thrash. Played for the Eagles.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20

I knew that! Autocorrect. thumbsup

I vaguely remember James Thrash. Played for the Eagles.

Aditi called him James today. laugh

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
I want to see Deshaun Watson.

I want him to exhibit the qualities that good quarterbacks display.

I want to see him play good football.

The offense is supposed to be new. I want to see that.

I will be looking at the structure of the offense. How the play designs look. How the route trees look. What kind of spacing and options.

Also want to see if we can run the ball.

I would not care if the defensive starters sit this game. I know the defense. I don't want any injuries so guys like Bitonio, Myles, and a select few should sit this out.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I want a sack from Myles, a pick from Denzel, and hit it the backfield for a loss by JOK.

A couple deep balls from Deshawn that go for completions.

Njoku taking a screen for 15+ yards.

And a red Ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle. 😝

Legend
Legend
What I want to see from the week one game with Dallas.

Starting on offense I want to see the offense in rhythm. That means no wasted plays. That when you run you get positive yardage. You leave yourself in a manageable down and distance. The passing game needs to be crisp. Meaning good routes and on time throws. Get the ball out. You want balance so you are not in predictable situations. I want to see DW play with confidence.

On defense. PRESSURE. I want heat on Dak. I would like to win the turnover battle.

I am confident in the defense. I know we have talented players. I am looking for JOK and Emerson to get turnovers.

I would love to see us get three or four key sacks.

Of course the obvious thing is that when the game ends we have the most points.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While it always holds true that each player should be judged on their individual performance, I just want to see a W. That doesn't change the fact that some players you win because of, some players you win despite of and some players really hold no value in either direction, the momentum a W can create starting the season can not be undervalued. A positive start should help motivate everyone moving forward.

The D should be ready to go. It is Schwartz second season as the D coordinator and while the D was solid last season improvement in year 2 under Schwartz should be the expectation. With the O we have a completely new O scheme to implement which is difficult in week 1 but I still expect basic competence from that group. Not perfection, but solid production.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I want to see the defense pick up where they left off from last season (well, not the Houston game... you know what I mean).

In general, I want to see competency from the offense.

-competent line play
-competent QB play
-something from our run game
-competent WR play

The bar is not super high for the offense. Basically, I want to see all the hand-wringing about the O during the preseason end up being much ado about nothing. I NEED to see at least one healthy starting OT. I need to see a WR not named Cooper assert himself as a reliable playmaker. At this point, I don't care who it is. I want to see Watson comfortably executing within the offense. I do NOT accept anymore of the 'rust' excuse. He used all that up.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: RememberMuni
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2024 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Minnesota What Do You Want to See?

Link Copied to Clipboard