Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Legend
Legend
L
Hall hasn’t flashed even a little

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
we probably couldn't look worse lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Our strength and conditioning team strikes again

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
It’s like seriously, you should be trying to atleast put on a show for the fans at home.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Just stupid playcalling, preseason or not

Legend
Legend
I know it's just preseason, but this game feels like the old Browns.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
we got pushed around on both ends of the line, stupid penalties, not much fight or effort

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
DTR looks good.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Until he looked like last year when it counts

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Id be concerned about our depth on both lines and secondary ... today was really not a good showing IMO

Legend
Legend
I like what I saw from Zinter and DTR. DTR seems stronger. Thrash flashed.

We managed to have at least four injuries. Wypler may be out for a while. Bell and Watson (LB) looks like soft tissue injuries. Hickman with a back.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Id be concerned about our depth on both lines and secondary ... today was really not a good showing IMO

Our line depth will be fine. We started 3 backups on the oline. Dline was all backups starting. The long TD was given up by our #4 safety playing the slot. The Wypler injury bothers me since he seems to be the only viable backup to Pocic. I don’t know if Cohen or Zinter can move inside.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. Our wr's looked good and so did DTR. We lost but we were playing all back-ups from the 2nd QTR. on. I think the coaches got to see a lot of what they wanted.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
we got pushed around on both ends of the line, stupid penalties, not much fight or effort

This is what camp cupcake does.

Hopefully the intensity gets ratcheted up this week.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz

thats my hope too - it was pretty apparent that GB was more physical and hungry (even with the 2/3/4 strings)

Legend
Legend
Just watched the game.

In a first pre-season game you see the bottom of the roster trying to make a mark.

Other than that practice this week against the Vikings will be way more informative.

I thought a few players played well.

DTR is a confident passer and quarterback. I like the guy. The TD throw that was called back because Zinter was downfield was an NFL pass. He threw a dart inside a small window. Impressive throw. I like how DTR plays.

Bush played well. He seemed to be in place and active. He played fast and tackled well.

Thrash is a good looking player.

Diabate seemed to be on assignment and he tackled well for the most part.

It was good just to see helmets again.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Yes, we should toughen them up by getting a lot more injuries before the season ever starts. That's the ticket.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, I'm pretty upset about this loss.

If they are going to play a preseason game like that; I'm to the point that they should bulldoze that stadium and put in a parking lot (or maybe even a park there) and move the team out of Cleveland (just the downtown of course, and all of this in a few years of course) angel

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Yes, we should toughen them up by getting a lot more injuries before the season ever starts. That's the ticket.

Agreed Pit, I have never understood the reference as the team has played with passion and toughness during the regular season. A few of those games last year, the team literally willed themselves into winning the games by their toughness and passion.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't get it either. The training these athletes get is second to none. They are in top shape. Teaching the playbook, the execution of the playbook and working through players that should and should not make the final roster are what's most imperative during this time of the year. Getting even more players injured should not be considered a wise choice. We see enough injuries as is during camp an preseason and it's not because they aren't in shape.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask

I have never understood the reference as the team has played with passion and toughness during the regular season. A few of those games last year, the team literally willed themselves into winning the games by their toughness and passion.

I get what you are saying, and I agree that the team came out of the gates last year, won week 1 in dominating fashion, and never looked back.

My concern is, and this is just from watching training camp videos (and I've had this concern since Stefanski has been coach), is the practices seem way more about "ramping up", "teaching", and taking mental reps, then getting prepared for the physical intensity of game 1 and the season. As a hobby, I watch a lot of training camp highlights from around the league. Cleveland by far runs the softest camp that I've seen. I think there is more balance to be had there. And ramping up the intensity doesn't necessarily mean there will be more injuries. That's a false equivalency. Injuries happen when they happen. You could argue ramping up the intensity prevents injuries.

And back to week 1 results under Stefanski, 2020 destroyed by Baltimore, 2021 couldn't close against the Chiefs, 2022 barely closed after having a big lead against a far inferior Panthers team that had the number one pick after the year ended. The Panthers had no business being in that game.

I'd just prefer these guys are more prepared for week 1. A week one loss could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs. Maybe Stefanski ramps it up when the training camp lights go down a couple of weeks before the season, but we seem to really work more on "technique" and "teaching" than intensity. Hopefully these joint practices help in this regard.

And while I have been an outspoken critic of Stefanski at times, I am thrilled that the Browns have achieved some organizational stability with him and Berry and that we are no longer a laughing stock of the league. But let's hold these guys to a high standard. I'd like to see more intensity in practice. And how about a division title?

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
P
Legend
Legend
P
So your theory then is that harder, more physical contact on a regular basis would not lead to more injuries? That it would in no way impact injuries?

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2024 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Green Bay Gameday vs Green Bay

Link Copied to Clipboard