Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Pdawg
From what I heard (from someone in the know) the reason we have Watson is Haslam. Haslam wanted him and made sure Berry brought him here.

I actually find this surprising. That would mean the Haslams were not fond of Baker which I don’t think was the case.

More than likely the way it played out was Berry and Co. did their due diligence and got Haslam all spun up about the possibility of Watson here. Once they got Haslam spun up about it and once they got removed from consideration then I bet Haslam might of interjected and probably asked what it would take to get it done. Then made it happen.

But the way you wrote this pdawg kind of implies that Haslam was behind the whole thing. I just can’t fathom that’s the way it went down.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
What evidence do you have Depo was behind this? We have no idea who first came up with the idea. Nor do we know what went on behind closed doors. What we do know is who made the ultimate decision. Haslam. The fact he signs the checks shows he made the ultimate decision. In actuality I've never seen anywhere that Depo is involved with major personnel decisions. That's the job of the GM and his staff. Depo has always been known mainly as a numbers guy. It seems as though your reaching to a major conclusion here.

[/color]
Originally Posted by mac
On March 18, 2022, DePodesta helped to facilitate a controversial trade for Deshaun Watson. Watson and the Texans' 2024 sixth-round draft pick were traded to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for the Browns' first-round draft picks in 2022, 2023, and 2024, as well as the Browns' third-round pick in 2023 and fourth-round picks in 2022 and 2024. As part of the trade, Watson signed a new, fully guaranteed, five-year, $230 million deal with the Browns, making it the largest contract and most guaranteed money in NFL history.

link

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Just to make sure the Dawgs understand what I posted concerning Depo's involvement in the Watson trade, I posted it again...hopefully the "goal posts" won't start moving.

Haslam was involved, that I'm sure of..it was his money that paid for the deal.

If the Watson deal flops, I'm sure that Haslam would be ok with Depo's name being used as the person responsible for the trade.

The record of the Browns "brain trust" concerning their ability to judge QB talent is a matter of record.

But let's be clear about my support for Watson...I want him to return to his previous form (2018, 2019, 2020). If Watson is able to lead the Browns to the playoffs..the trade will be afterthought. Watson doesn't need to turn in MVP type play, imo...just execute the Browns offense well enough to win.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems you don't understand what "helped to facilitate it" means. To facilitate means to make something easier. That's far different from the assertions you're making.

You already moved the goal posts by claiming "helped to facilitate" means something it doesn't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
The airplane that took them down to meet with Watson also facilitated the deal. As did the copy room that was printing out the contract... and the pen Watson used to sign it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
The airplane that took them down to meet with Watson also facilitated the deal. As did the copy room that was printing out the contract... and the pen Watson used to sign it.

Now you're listing some of the items Depo planted to help facilitate the crime.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm late here, but this is well deserved and a no brainer

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski sign contract extensions with the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard