Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
I just brewed a cup and turned the strong setting off. The water shot through a lot faster.

I had forgotten that since i have had this machine maybe 5-6 years now and haven't fooled with it since the first week or so.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Makes sense. Us old guys are still right every now and then.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
We have a Breville Touch and love it. If we are driving for a vacation we actually take it with us lol.

Barista Touch

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
j/c

Does anyone make a pot of folgers, drink it black, and then use the microwave the next day to heat up what was left in the pot? Or am I the only "non coffee snob" here.

lol

I don't do Folgers or anything already ground, but I'm a drip-coffee and don't even own a microwave to warm that stuff up the next day kinda person. I drink that day-old coffee at room temperature while I wait for the new pot to brew.

Beans is where I splurge a little. I have a decent grinder, and I get bulk beans from GFS (2# for ~$13). The difference in flavor really IS worth it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt fresh ground is best. The oils are inside the beans. You release the aroma when you grind them.

I think the K-cups do a pretty good job of sealing in the flavor...at least better than buying a big tin and opening and closing the thing for a few weeks. Every time you expose the grounds to air you are skunking them just a bit.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Ran across this now that you chumps have me all excited about coffee. Pretty through article.

Everything you want to know about BEANS:

https://www.brewcoffeehome.com/best-coffee-beans/

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
BADdog Online OP
Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
So the inventor of the k cup hates his invention. It's not environmentally friendly. I would suggest instead any of the other one cup coffee makers you can get. We have a ninja. Open the basket put in the coffee. Make the coffee empty the basket. Pretty simple without the environmental thing. Every little bit helps. Jmtc

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
You can buy reusable K-cups. There are a bunch out there (Keurig probably has their own). I think there's one type that works with the older k-cups, and one that works with the newer (position of the needles that's supposed to pierce both ends, I think). These work really well.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In March I decided to up my home espresso game. I started considering and researching last May on how I wanted to upgrade. As I narrowed things down I knew I wanted to wait until after we got back from our Alaskan trip to pull the trigger.

This machine has been amazing to use. I do gravitate towards more traditional Italian style espresso instead of newer stuff with lighter roasts. Currently I am using a dark roast from Atomic coffee roasters in MA.

I've started the research to decide what, if anything, I want to do about a new grinder.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

BADdog Online OP
Hall of Famer
OP Online
Hall of Famer
I forgot about this post. My wife was in a best buy around Christmas time , She ran into a breville rep. He gave her a code for a 1/2 off online purchase We splurged and got the Barista Touch for $500. We like lavazza for the beans Good quality at reasonable price. Thats a fine looking machine you got there. We are sooo glad we made the jump to one of these machines.

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I considered a Breville dual boiler but I really wanted a rotary pump instead of vibration pump. I had a list and researched anything I could find. It was narrowed down to two machines, the Micra and the Lelit Bianca. The Bianca is more boxy and she decided she didn't like the look of it. I was leaning towards the Micra anyway so that was good.

O
Legend
Legend
O
This isn't anywhere near the level of what you all are talking about, but I just recently bought an iced coffee maker. I gotta take a look at the brand, but it's nothing special (I paid ~$40 for it).

It actually works pretty well. The idea behind it is that it uses an agitator to mix the coffee and water faster (~20 minutes vs overnight). Again, I was surprised by how easy it was to put out some decent iced coffee.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If it makes coffee you enjoy that is the number one priority. I've never been big into iced coffee but on occasion it is delightful.

O
Legend
Legend
O
With how warm the mornings have been, an iced coffee on the way to work and sipping on while I'm starting my workday has been really nice.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Does anyone make a pot of folgers, drink it black, and then use the microwave the next day to heat up what was left in the pot? Or am I the only "non coffee snob" here.

To each his own.

For me, life is too short to drink bad coffee. I like coffee and good coffee is one of the simple pleasures of life.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

A
Legend
Legend
A
It's just as good the next day.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's just as good the next day.

Or it is just as bad... wink

B
Legend
Legend
B
Never been a fan of iced coffee.

The only time I deliberately cool down coffee is after I reduce it down in intensify flavor to use in homemade ice cream or some sort of topping for a dessert.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Coffee / Espresso makers?

Link Copied to Clipboard