Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: What can we expect from DW? bugs 05/07/24 02:50 AM
I am not sure how one can measure whether he meets that expectation.
28 590 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th. Jester 05/07/24 12:51 AM
For us lay people, what does it mean for a lawyer to withdraw?
302 4,344 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Excellence - Found and Expected lampdogg 05/06/24 11:21 PM
I tried, hitt, but I couldn’t give it 14 minutes. Or even four. Trigonometry??? wink

If I want to feel unintelligent - and who does, really? - I can do that by watching Jeopardy.
1 42 Read More
Re: Republican Cra Cra Again Damanshot 05/06/24 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jester
Doubt the majority of maga's will ever realize they have been conned.

They'll realize it, but NEVER admit it.
110 2,422 Read More
Re: AI Hammer 05/06/24 09:00 PM
Allen Iverson
1 95 Read More
Re: Spring is coming.. mac 05/06/24 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by mac
Here are some of the facts concerning the BG Falcons...
link

2024 Milestones:
First egg laid: April 2, 2:58 p.m.
Second egg laid: April 5, 3:15 a.m.
Third egg laid: April 7, 9:23 a.m.
FOURTH egg laid: April 10, time unknown

The incubated period for Falcons is 29 to 33 days...therefore, we are approx. 1 week from the beginning of the hatching period for the BG falcons.

Today is 'day 31 of incubation' for the first egg laid on April 2nd. The incubation norms for a Falcon egg to hatch is 29-33 days...we are within the hatch date...if the egg is viable.

Brushing up on my "ornithology" references, some sources use the day #35 from date an egg was laid as the "normal" number of days when attempting to pinpoint the hatch date for Falcons and Eagles. The estimated date, whether 29 to 33 days or 35 days from the date an egg is laid, can be affected by the temperature of the environment during incubation and by the date that the parent decide to begin incubating their eggs according to messages (instincts) from mother nature.

That might sound far-fetched to some but there's something called "delayed incubation"... link

delayed incubation is the practice of postponing incubation until the last or next-to-last egg in a clutch has been laid; suspends development of the earlier embryos so that once incubation begins all embryos develop at the same rate and the eggs hatch synchronously; includes ducks, geese, shorebirds, most songbirds, woodpeckers, and poultry; often applied to Bald Eagles and other raptors, somewhat misleadingly since usually these do incubate the earlier eggs at least part of the time, and their eggs hatch asynchronously; see intermittent incubation.

Birds are born with these instincts and somehow, mother nature provides animals with unbelievable instincts that are difficult to explain.

Another reference with additional info. link
36 1,551 Read More
Re: Hamas says it has agreed to ceasefire proposal from Egypt and Qatar PitDAWG 05/06/24 06:10 PM
Rafah Live: Hamas accepted a ceasefire proposal, but Israel said it was unacceptable

No agreement over ceasefire proposal
35 minutes ago
12:33 CDT

An Israeli official said no ceasefire had been agreed in Gaza, after Hamas said it had accepted a proposal from Egyptian and Qatari mediators over the Israel-Gaza conflict.

The Israeli official said the proposal that Hamas had accepted was a "softened" version of an Egyptian proposal, which included "far-reaching" conclusions that Israel could not accept.

"This would appear to be a ruse intended to make Israel look like the side refusing a deal," said the Israeli official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...-city-israel-warns-operation-2024-05-06/
1 58 Read More
Re: Haslems Buy 176 Acre Property In Brookpark PitDAWG 05/06/24 06:06 PM
I heard it was a giant drug bracelet but I can't confirm that.
150 4,780 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Cleveland Guardians waterdawg 05/06/24 05:24 PM
He played all over the infield in Camp. He plays SS in Col... He is an infielder who hits for power and gets on base ! I thought he outplayed both Arias and Ricco in Spring training.
100 2,852 Read More
Re: Ocean Is Abnormally Warm PitDAWG 05/06/24 04:50 PM
You're not allowed to do that. Everyone knows that naming a former oil executive to head the EPA has nothing to do with the environment and such influences have nothing to do with environmental policies.
107 1,427 Read More
Re: Solo Musicians bonefish 05/06/24 10:32 AM
JJ Cale was a guitar man. He played guitar. He worked on guitars. He made guitars.

He came and was gone without much fanfare because he had his guitar and didn't care about much else. But man he was good and he wrote some great songs. This is one.

69 789 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA MemphisBrownie 05/05/24 10:24 PM

When you come to Cleveland for the playoffs and/or a meaningful game, the crowd will ALWAYS be a factor.
209 9,949 Read More
Re: Dickey Betts, Allman Brothers Band member, dies in Osprey, Florida at 80: report KNOXDAWG 05/05/24 08:58 PM
RIP dickey...... and then there was one
10 343 Read More
Re: Player News Continued..... PitDAWG 05/05/24 03:50 PM
It appears some NFL teams tend to disagree with you.
176 7,977 Read More
Re: Political Jokes Pt. 3 PitDAWG 05/05/24 02:54 PM
211 3,866 Read More
Re: Electric cars PitDAWG 05/05/24 02:50 PM
rofl

That's pretty good.
188 2,819 Read More
Re: Antisemitism in America PitDAWG 05/05/24 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Again, I don’t quite understand the need to bifurcate the issue between right and left?

It's the "we're bad but your worse" strategy.
44 402 Read More
Re: Music Video Thread #3471 Ballpeen 05/05/24 04:20 AM
Not really a song, but a great vid about Ringo.

OK, a few bad words in here, so if you are in the 3rd grade, don't listen.

236 7,206 Read More
Re: Cuckoo Dems-Part 6 dawglover05 05/05/24 01:27 AM
What an idiot. He’s right up there with Menéndez, who is sadly still in office. A sad time in American politics when the vulnerability of money in our politics is on display for all to see.
64 636 Read More
Re: Cleveland Browns ticket prices will increases for 2024 season Ballpeen 05/05/24 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
No you are not ! lol

If I go up this season I will make plans to sit with you for a game or two

Is Joe and Mike still serving drinks at the bar ?

They have been serving us drinks since you have had club seats.

I apologize for making you feel like chicken liver

You are a very dear friend Peen !

Just saying that in jest. I know where we stand. I'll let you know on a ticket or two once the schedule is announced. Next week I think. I'll have my plans pretty much set by a week later.

Indeed, Mike and Joe are still there.
29 856 Read More
Re: Abortion issue will be on the Nov. Ballot PitDAWG 05/04/24 03:31 PM
I saw not only trump but some far right politicians that seemed to endorse the same thing this week. And then their followers will claim they aren't authoritarian. This is nothing less than Nazi BS right there.
75 2,484 Read More
Re: The Economy Part 2 OldColdDawg 05/04/24 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
The new Biden 44.6% Cap Gain increase will pay for the terrorist's indoctrination. Vote this fool out of office.

Eve, I know you may struggle with facts, but a responsible POTUS, trying to offset spending USED to be something GOPers looked for…
53 770 Read More
Re: North Carolina pastor calls Trump's 'God Bless the USA' Bible 'blasphemous' PerfectSpiral 05/04/24 01:18 PM
Nah Religion is used to control US.
8 129 Read More
Re: SCOTUS Hears Trump Imunity Case PerfectSpiral 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
You just said anyone that votes for him. You said they aren’t true Americans, they’re fascist traitors. It's a real easy read and your scroll finger won't even get tired. ^^

What I said. “ According to many Goper’s, you don’t have to be a Trump supporter to vote for him. True Trump supporters aren’t true Americans. They’re fascist traitors supporting the continued insurrection of J6. And oh..remind me who lost, by nearly a landslide and cried like a baby over it“

It’s an easy read. Try and keep up.
77 898 Read More
Re: Browns News Continued.... Homewood Dog 05/03/24 04:21 PM
I read the post twice and the only thing I could get out of it was they didn’t resign Joe because of his age but even so it’s vague. I believe his age was a factor and Joe can go from very good to very bad in an instant as we saw in the playoff game.
143 8,880 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3